PharmD Student Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, May 29, 2009

Slow Day, Part II

Wow

That is the only word I can use to explain what I was feeling when I heard the pharmacist, good old Shayna, say this:

"You are a doctor, aren't you?"

Oh. My. God. I need to know this story. I know the beginning of it, but I need to know the end of it. Here is the beginning:

The fax machine rings, and starts pushing out paper, the usual warning sheet that is a practice in killing trees and destroying the rainforest tells me to not look at the next sheet unless I'm supposed to. Jesus wept. No, I'm sure he (He?) would.

It's for Musgushkatung something-or-another. It sounds racist but it isn't. Musgushkatung is the actual name (well, actually not, but similar, maybe). I take a look at the script and see that while it's for Musgushkatung, I see the quantity ordered is "enough for 3 family members."

You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me. I make the pharmacist call the doctor so that I don't make the person who is probably twice my age feel like an 8-year-old. The pharmacist doesn't do much better than I would've. She did better, she did, good for her. She explained to the doctor that for insurance reasons she had to have 3 different prescriptions (I would've told her that she's a fucking moron of a doctor for thinking that she could prescribe 3 people with 1 prescription). Apparently the doctor asked if she, the doctor, could write the prescriptions for the rest of the family. The doctor should have felt like a 16-year-old, but I have a feeling the doc was a little too dumb to realize we were making fun of her.

The pharmacist's reponse? "Yes, your medical license allows you to prescribe medicine to any patient that you see, you are a doctor, aren't you?"

My response would've been "Are you fucking serious? Are you a doctor or not?!?!"

So the end of the story is this. It's really lack-luster, actually, I would describe it as "lacking luster,":

She prescribed the whole family, after the pharmacist explained to her that even though they were not in the computer system, they could be prescribed medications.

I mean fuck, what in the sand's hell am I getting into here?

No comments:

Post a Comment