PharmD Student Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day After The Holidays

Holy shit was it busy today or what?

We had 200 new scripts today. I don't know exactly how many total scripts we filled today, but it was a hell of a lot more than 200. The worst part of the day? That I didn't get to fill any of them. Zero. Why? Because our cashier decided to schedule her doctor's appointment for 3 o'clock, and guess who has to run the register when the cashier goes away? You guessed it. The student.

We had patients lined up out the damn door today. You know why? Because every, well not every, but a good 80% of them had just called the pharmacy, assuming from their car 5 minutes before, for their refill. It was absolutely crazy, I actually had one lady say to me when I couldn't find her prescription tell me, in a very snotty tone, "Well, I dropped it off 10 minutes ago, it should be ready." I just looked at her, amazed. By this time, my mind was on cruise control, and could not fathom such idiocy. I replied to her, "As you can see, we are very busy at the moment, but I will find your prescription and make sure the pharmacist knows you're here." To my amazement, when I walked back to let the pharmacist know that Ms. Bitch was here and to bump up her prescription to the "Here" scripts, I noticed that she was just finishing up on the script, and bagging it. I grabbed the prescription and brought it up to the register.

"The pharmacist just finished with it, so here it is!" I said with a smile.

"Well, why wasn't it ready when I first got here?" replied Ms. Bitch.

I just stared at her, shocked. I didn't know what to say. So, I just said, "Well, it does take time to make sure everything is correct with your drugs."

"Well for heaven's sake it's just a refill," continued Ms. Bitch.

"Go fuck yourself," I didn't say. What I did say was "So I'm assuming you have no questions?"

"No, I just want to get out of here."

You and me both, bitch.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate! I also hate the folks who say stuff like, "I have to get going. I WORK for a living!" Bitch, what do you think I'm doing back here, painting my nails and watching my soaps???

    ReplyDelete