PharmD Student Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

So This Guy...

So this guy comes into our pharmacy the other day. He's a regular that we keep happy because he gives us good business. You know the deal, the man has 10 scripts and his wife has 12, we want to hold on to these customers. He came in to get the scripts he needs, which is only 2 of his total. I ring up his scripts and see that yes, these two scripts are over $100. This is the conversation that ensues:

Me: "Whoa, looks like you're breaking the bank on these ones."
Mr. Jolly: "Yeah holy shit, didn't my insurance cover them?"
Me: (Not knowing he's kidding) "Uh, well, yes, they did, but I can check to see if it's been covered better in the past."
Mr. J: "Yeah those bastards at the insurance company are really trying to fuck me over. I've been getting these pills for 15 fucking years, and my co-pays have only gone up. I'm gonna go sue those sons-of-bitches."
Me: "Uh... well..." I stutter, because I really don't know what to say at the moment.
Mr. J: "Yeah these pills have been keeping me alive for 15 years, which is good for me, but bad for my wife." His laughter fills the pharmacy, "She's gonna leave me one of these days... I can't wait!"

Now I get the joke. Now I'm laughing.

It's these type of people that make me think retail really isn't all that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment