PharmD Student Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, August 14, 2009

A Call For Action

I finally got my hands on the August issue of Drug Topics that I was waiting for since I read that the Drugmonkey was writing another article for profit. I cannot say that I was not disappointed, because I was. Here's the article for your reading pleasure.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great article. I know a good persuasive article when I see one, and this is one. The only problem with the article is that it identifies a problem, but doesn't provide a solution. All across the country pharmacists who are taking a shit will be inspired to do something to change their working conditions because of this article, but they won't know what to do. In Speech 101 they teach you to convince your audience there is a problem, then show them how to help solve it in a simple way. He did not show us how to solve it.

Of course, anyone who reads his blog would know that he has already shown us what we can do. We can donate to Bill Monning, who seems to be the only person close to Washington to give a shit about pharmacists. This is the easiest, simplest, most convenient way to show we care about our profession.

I assume Drug Topics would not allow Drugmonkey to ask people to donate money to an Assemblymember in its magazine, which is why he didn't. Either that, or he couldn't fit a call to action in the one sheet of paper he had to make his argument. I choose to believe Drug Topics didn't want to get politcal.

Donate. You'll feel better about yourself, knowing that you helped others and yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment