PharmD Student Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, October 24, 2009

How Do I Do It?

I'm a busy fucking person. Between work and school, I was occupied 58 hours this week. That is just the hours I had to be in class, at the pharmacy, and at my other job. I also write for my school newspaper.

I also take labs that require extra studying and writing lab reports. My life is fucking hectic. I wonder why I accepted a TA job. I wonder why I said I'd write for my school newspaper (well, that was for the money).

My friends ask me how I do it.

To be honest, I'm not, I'm not doing it. I'm coasting by on my relatively intelligent brain, but in pharmacy school it just isn't enough. At least not for the A's that I'm used to. Yeah, I can squeak by with B's and the occasional C, but I'm not OK with that.

It's come to the big decision. Do I keep up my grades by studying all the time or do I keep blowing off steam by getting hammered 2-3 times a week? I think a comprimise is in order. I need to study more often, but just drink to forget the pain once a week... I think that's the solution.

That's a terrible solution.

1 comment:

  1. I was so sure we were the same year, but I think I might be a year older. I took MedChem last year -- dude, you are not alone. I made it through pharmacy school without trying EXCEPT for MedChem. That's not saying that I tried, it's saying that I didn't make it through. C+ for MedChem 1 and a B+ for MedChem 2. I just couldn't get myself to study something so pointless, and during the Fall semester, I was definitely taking on way too much. Besides school, working at the local chain pharmacy, and maintaining a social life, I decided to work in a research lab. Every. Day.

    The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to make flash cards. I didn't, but everyone who did got good grades. And if you decide not to and don't get the A's you're used to (which is what I did), just remind yourself that you have 50 billion credits. Pharmacy school is long. It'll cause a dent in your GPA and transcript, but it's not the end of the world. Just do well in your therapeutics classes.

    ReplyDelete