PharmD Student Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, July 4, 2009

P.O.S. System

Yeah, most of you thought what I thought when that acronym was first announced. 

"Piece of Shit System? Why would we want that?"

I really don't know how many states had to change up their registers this year to accept Flex cards, but I know mine did, well, at least my store did, we used to have a ghetto-ass register - not anymore. It really stands for "Point of Sale System," but come on, who's names something P.O.S.? That's just old people being retarded. They're totally asking for it.

So, after making fun of the P.O.S. System and adding "For Anal Use ONLY" stickers to the condoms, I tried out the new register, just to be "mature" and all... I found out that the new system is pretty slick. After about an hour or so of getting the hang of it, the new register is faster than the old one. Of course, there are always bugs to be rid of in a new system, but for the most part, my day is headache free when I run the register. Well, besides the customers themselves, but with the new system, I get them out of my hair faster! Yahoo! 

1 comment:

  1. You are freaking hilarious...I totally cackled out loud about "that's just old people being retarded"!!!

    I found you from...I'm not sure-some other pharmacy blog. I'm a pharmacist too, but I never write about it. Too stressful, but I sure love all these pharm blogs though.

    ReplyDelete