PharmD Student Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, December 4, 2009

A Complete Waste of Money

As I watched the robot fill the 20th prescription for zolpidem for the day, I wondered exactly why so many members of the ever shrinking middle class insist on using it to fall asleep.

Granted, they aren't on the useless products of Zolpimist or Ambien CR, and they aren't spending an extra arm and a leg for Lunesta (eszopiclone - oh yeah, I've been studying up on the Top 200).

But still, why waste the money each month when, for a one-time payment of $180, a patient could get the best sleep aid I have ever come across? This sleep-aid can be used over and over again and never lose its effectiveness. Actually, I only paid $60 for mine, and it's even more effective at putting me to sleep than the $180 version.

That sleep aid is my Biochem textbook. I seriously believe that Lehninger could make much more money by marketing his book as a sleep aid.

He could even mark the international version (the one I own) as a fast-acting version, because nothing puts a person to sleep faster than an all black and white Biochem textbook.

I have a quiz tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be asleep in 20 minutes. Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. I read things like this and I'm constantly reminded why I'm glad I am done with school. I also remember that when I was in pharmacy school my Therapeutics textbook was so big I nicknamed it "The coffee table" because it was big enough to use as a coffee table. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete